Sonntag, 1. September 2019

It's Your Birthday - be a little shellfish

Heya everyone ;o)
"Shells" is the theme of the new challenge at Challenge Up Your Life. My lovely friend Sonja of "The Art Of Stamping" gave me a lovely stamp set a while back with a shell and this lovely sentiment and I thought it was THE perfect set for our challenge. But I'd better let you be the judge of that:


I mixed and matched a lot with this card, but I really like the way it turned out. The pearl inside the shell was paper-pieced. I stamped it on some textured cardstock thatt I had covered with Nuvo Mousse in "Pearl", cut it out and placed it over the original pearl if that makes sense. 


The background is a stamp byStampingbella and I coloured it with Copic markers. It did take a while but I like the feeling of depth you get from the drawn scene. Once the alcohol from the marker had fully evaporated I heat embossed the sentiment over top. I hope you are going to create a "Shell" themed project as well and share it with us at Challenge Up Your Life! Have a wonderful month of September and happy crafting ;o) Yours Maike


Supplies:
Stamps: "Year Six" by Lawn Fawn
              "Under the Sea Backdrop" by Stampingbella
              "Little Mermaids" by the Greeting Farm
              "Party Like A Pirate" by My Favorite Things

5 Kommentare:

  1. So very cute and fabulous coloring of your little scene.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I totally love all the textures that you've created in this - the Pearl Nuvo Mousse is a wonderful idea for the pearl, and the background you've made using the Copics is just spectacular! What an awesome card! Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a cute card! It goes perfect with our challenge at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Such a sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PATTIE’S CREATIONS challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweise zu Kommentarabonnements und Hinweise zum Widerrufsrecht finden sich in der Datenschutzerklärung / privacy policy. / Please be adviced that notes on the comment subscriptions and information on the right of withdrawal can be found in the Datenschutzerklärung / privacy policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...