Donnerstag, 15. April 2021

Have a BERRY sweet birthday (mouse and snail)

Hello everyone,
today I am back with a brand new card for Papercraft Challenges. This time the theme was "Fruits, Food and Vegetables" and this is what I made:


When I was making this card I looked outside the window and saw a rainy grey outside and really craved for some warmth and most of all sunshine and spring. I think you might feel it when you look at the finished project. It is so bright and quirky and so much more "in your face" than my cards usually are... Looking back I would definately have put vellum behind the designer paper and my cover and also switched the papers for the "berry" part of the sentiment. However I still like how it turned out, but thought I should let you know what I would change if I were to make it again. ;o)

To create the card I started by stamping and colouring in a whole bunch of strawberries, because I wasn't sure how many I would need in the end. (Now I have around 10 of them left, so you might see some tiny strawberries again in future projects...) Next I stamped and coloured the cute mouse and the sweet snail and die cut the letters and the front cover. The latter was cut twice: once from white cardstock and another time from the same red cardstock I used as my card base. I adhered them together after I had trimmed of a tiny bit of both one short and one long side from the red cardstock. This way you get the shadowed effect very easily. The assembling of the letters and the straberries took a bit of time, but when I was happy with the placement I stamped the rest of the sentiment and also adhered the two critters. I hope you like the card and even more so that you will play along with us at Papercraft Challenges this time! Have a lovely day and happy crafting my friends! Yours Maike


Supplies:
Stamps: "Dotty" & "Garden Bugs" by Purple Onion Designs
              "" by Gummiapan
Dies: "Cool Cuts Cherry lowercase" by Create a Smile 
          "Circle Panel Die" by Your Next Stamp

5 Kommentare:

  1. Cute mouse and I love the plaid circle background. Wonderful card design.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So süß und zauberhaft.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
    LG
    Kuni

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Loving all the plaid polka dots and your way to create dimension with the offset red circles is very clever. Your mouse and snail are really cute. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wunderschön, tolle frische Sommerfarben. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der sweet stampers challenge,
    liebe Grüße Anke

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweise zu Kommentarabonnements und Hinweise zum Widerrufsrecht finden sich in der Datenschutzerklärung / privacy policy. / Please be adviced that notes on the comment subscriptions and information on the right of withdrawal can be found in the Datenschutzerklärung / privacy policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...